Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Reflection You See...


Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table

No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe.

Today is the first day of 2011, the first day of the rest of my life, a time to say goodbye to the good and bad of 2010. 2010 was a year that I looked forward to for years. It was the year of my graduation, when I could finally go to college and have my freedom. I had so many good times sprinkled with some bad and some I try not to remember. My senior year flew by and to some extent I hardly remember it. Though I do remember the good times. Summer was one of the best times of my life despite friend drama and home troubles. I made the best of it trying to not focus on the bad. This attitude soon left me when I arrived at Drake. College was not what I expected and not what I wanted. I now can't wait to move into Luther tomorrow, to meet new friends and have new experiences. I have what so many would like to have, a second change. After one terrible semester I know what I want to fix and do better. I have realized that I need to live in the present and look toward the future, not dwelling in the past. Sure those friends are good when I'm home but I need to make new ones and continue on in my own way, not held back by past experiences. I am not the person who I used to be. I don't need to pretend to be anyone except myself. I am finally on the narrow path that will lead me in the direction I know is right for me. I absolutely can't wait to start my new life, my second chance. Bring it 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment