Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who Can Say If I've Been Changed for the Better, but Because I Knew You I Have Been Changed for Good



Some people come into our lives and quickly go. 
Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same.

Today I closed one chapter in the book of my life. I left Drake behind, the school, the friends, and the memories. I knew it would be hard to leave but it was way harder than I thought it would be. Today I realized that I was not only leaving my new best friends, I was leaving my family. Though we always joke about our litte family, that is what we've become. We have each other's backs and have shared so many memories. Last night was by far one of the best nights with them. Sneaking our mattresses into one room and then just talking for hours was the perfect last night. Even through the petty drama frequently finds its way into our lives, I have come to love each and every one of my new friends and it is so difficult to leave that behind. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason and that the reason I went to Drake was to meet people who will always be a part of me. I know that realistically I won't stay in close contact with them but I know that I have left a little part of myself there, which was immediately filled with a little piece of them that I will carry with me. Even though they were only in my life for a little while and I know that I need to move on, they have made an imprint on my life that, though it may fade, will remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment