Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost Goodbye


With only one final left, it has begun to hit me that tomorrow I will be leaving Des Moines and not coming back. I have to leave somewhere I have lived for almost four months, pack my things, and say goodbye to friends. I cannot say that I haven't made friends here but I still can't call it home. Yes, Drake is somewhere I have made friends and gone to school but it isn't home. Home is still in Duluth with old friends and family. Yet as much as I can't wait to drive home tomorrow, I also can't wait to go to Luther and make a new home. It blows my mind that some of my friends here want to stay here longer rather than going back home. I wish I could be one of those people but I can't here. Hopefully with a new year and new beginnings things will change for the better. While I have been away, realizing who I am, I have also found out who my real friends are. I know who I truly want to spend time with when I get home and who I will see just to have a good time. My best friends have stayed the same and now I know that our friendship will remain despite all the miles in between us. Through the trials of this semester I now have a better understanding of myself and what I am capable of. I know that I can say no and stay true to my morals. I have discovered what kind of people that i want in my life. It will be interesting to be home for a few weeks and see if things have changed. It is my hope that things are only changing for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment