Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Raise Me Up


For to His angels He's given a command

to guard you in all of your ways;
upon their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone.
And He will raise you up on eagles’ wings,
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun,
and hold you in the palm of His hand.

I can't believe that I have been at Luther for a week and a half already! Although it seems like I just got here, at the same time it feels like I've been here for longer. I absolutely love it here! I truly believe that God sent me to Drake so I would be able to choose where I really belong. No matter what happens here I know that I am meant to be there and that pretty much nothing could be worse than my experience at Drake! Although I made great friends last semester and I do miss them, I have made even better ones now. I feel like I fit in and that I truly belong. As silly as it sounds, there are so many better guys here also! My days are filled with homework, class, soccer workouts, intramural basketball and soccer games, and just hanging out with my roommates and new friends. I couldn't have asked for better roommates or floor mates, though our room (not my side of course) gets VERY messy, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't bother me too much. Last weekend I was able to briefly hang out with one of my very good friends from elementary school, which made my first week here even better. After going to a week of soccer workouts, although I still am quite comparatively weak, I think that I can do it and I am doubting myself less. At Luther I am so much happier and self confident, which I believe is due in a large part to my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment