Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crossing the Bridge


It seems hard to believe but I finished one class at Luther! Though I really enjoyed j-term, I was definitely ready for a week off. Being home was so much fun but it was ready to come back to my new home. Yes, I am finally able to call somewhere home, besides my house in Duluth. I love my roommates, floormates, and teammates and I truly feel like I belong here. While at home I was able to escape from college life for a little bit; sleeping in my own bed, eating great food, and hanging out with both my family and friends still stuck in the grasp of high school. The best night of my break was definitely a "bumpin rave tunes" ski party complete with hours of dancing with black lights and glow sticks, catching up with old friends and meeting new once. I had a blast going to alpine and nordic ski races, cheering loud and trying to embarrass my friends. Overall I had an amazing break but when Tuesday rolled around, I was ready to come back home, to Decorah and Luther. The first two days have gone well and I like my classes but I can see that between homework, scurrying to class in the cold, and soccer work outs I will be really busy! I am looking forward to meeting many more new people and continuing my journey after crossing the bridge into my new life. I am keeping in contact with my friends at Drake and I miss them but I know that I have made the right decision in coming here. Throughout the ups and downs of daily life I can now say that I LOVE LIFE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment