Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Best Things Come When You Aren't Looking


Every long lost dream led me to where you are. 
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. 
This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.

I find it amazing how the best things seem to find us when we least expect it. I decided that I was going take a break from liking guys more than friends, I couldn't handle it anymore and I need to focus on myself. Even though there are amazing people at Luther, I hadn't met any guys who built me up, helping me grow in my faith and figure out who I am. Then out of the blue I met this guy and we started talking and found we had a lot in common. He is friends with my closest friends so I thought he might be a new best guy friend. We played racquetball and soccer one Saturday and everything just clicked. We ended up sitting outside for four hours, just talking. We have literally everything in common and, even though we haven't know each other that long, it feels like we have been dating forever. I am astounded that there are more amazing guys in this world. Throughout my life I have been looking for things, searching everywhere, but I have finally found that once I stop looking, amazing things happen. I feel so secure in my morals and my faith, nothing could bring me down. I have never in my life been so satisfied with the direction my life is heading. Although I have always firmly believed that God will direct my life in an amazing way, I now can see it. Belief without proof is so wonderful it is beyond words. Even when I think my prayers fall on deaf ears, I know that God has some plan for me, more amazing than I could ever think of on my own. I am finally realizing how to live by TEC every day. Agape <3

No comments:

Post a Comment